And so, the rumours were true. EA have today announced Crysis 3, which will be released Spring 2013 on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. No word on a Wii U port.
Early screenshots suggest a mix of environments from the previous two outings. The title will once again feature Prophet and will be set in New York. This time however, the city has been encased in a 'Nanodome' by the CELL Corporation. The whole city has almost become like a rain forest. You can check out some more of the game's screenshots here courtesy of Eurogamer.
The city will also be split into 7 zones, known as the 'Seven Wonders'. You'll have an upgraded suit and new human/alien weaponry and technology to enjoy. And yes, that includes the bow he's rocking in the above image. You'll be once again fight humans and aliens.
You can already pre-order Crysis 3 from EA's Origin service,
which includes downloadable content. Other retailers will also have preorder bonuses, which I assume will be announced in the near future.
The following is quoted from the Origin catalog description:
[quote]The award-winning developer Crytek is back with Crysis 3, the first blockbuster shooter of 2013! Return to the fight as Prophet, the Nanosuit soldier on a quest to rediscover his humanity and exact brutal revenge. Adapt on the fly with the stealth and armor abilities of your unique Nanosuit as you battle through the seven wonders of New York’s Liberty Dome. Unleash the firepower of your all-new, high-tech bow and alien weaponry to hunt both human and alien enemies. And uncover the truth behind the death of your squad while reestablishing the power of human will in a rich story full of exciting twists and turns. Crysis 3 is the ultimate sandbox shooter, realized in the stunning visuals only Crytek and the latest version of CryENGINE can deliver. Assess Adapt, and Attack starting spring 2013.
• Seven Wonders of the Urban Rainforest - New York City has been contained in a giant nanodome and grown into a unique rainforest with seven distinct environments. Master the ultimate sandbox and turn it into your own personal hunting ground.
• Assess, Adapt, and Attack - Crysis’s highly-acclaimed sandbox gameplay is back with more open levels to let players choose their path and approach. Your upgraded Nanosuit allows brute force or stealth, always giving you more than one option.
• Expanded Multiplayer - Experiment with new ways to customize your Nanosuit and brandthe new game modes.
• The Biggest and Most Explosive Arsenal in Franchise History - In addition to giving you an arsenal of human firearms, Crysis 3 lets you scavenge alien weapons and deploy an all-new signature bow
• The Evolution of CryENGINE - CryENGINE unleashes the power of the Crytek creative team and delivers a visually stunning and varied gameplay experience.[/quote]